Saturday, December 2, 2017

LSSL 5391 MODULE 13 FINAL REFLECTION

As I reflect on LSSL 5391 I am relieved it is over.  On a serious note, this class has taught me so much.  I have always wanted to write a book about some of the challenges my daughter faced throughout her illness and this class has given me the courage to do that. Using the cartoon maker Pixton, has shown me a new direction to make my dream of creating an inspiring story a reality.  I hope one day to incorporate everything I have learned in this class and share it with my students and peers. The QR code assignment excites me the most because I can envision my library full of codes that students can scan and watch a book trailer about the book they found on the shelf.  Hopefully peaking their interest and curiosity. One of the most difficult hurdles I encountered was putting my work out there for others to see.  I am usually a very private person and was hesitant to open myself up to others scrutiny.  Another tough assignment was creating the feed reader; I still haven’t gotten that one fixed.  Since kids are constantly using social media I think they would benefit form using Twitter to exchange favorite books, article or class assignments. Learning about Twitter, one of the first assignments, has opened my eyes to all the wonderful books, articles, and book talks I have missed. I check it on a daily basis to stay connected and up to date on the latest books and recommendations.  Although at times I felt like giving up, I am glad I stayed vigilant because LSSL 5391 Digital technology has opened up a whole new world to me.  



No comments:

Post a Comment